Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Leduc Raffle Quilt

Today I am taking the Leduc Raffle Quilt to the Edmonton and District's Guild to help sell tickets and promote the up coming quilt show. I quilted this for the Leduc Guild a few months back. It is hand applqued by many of the members including my mom. I quilted the blank blocks with a feather heart or the spinning feather, in the turquoise thread. The other white areas were quilted with white thread and a small leave that I do by free motion. The turquoise sashing also has a leave that is a little larger.
Here is the outer boarder showing the vein applique the ladies did. The quilt is being Raffled at the end of the quilt show. The quilt show is Oct 17th and 18th at the Leduc High School. The funds will help the guild cover the costs of the quilt show and with our friendship (charity) quilts. Our guild has a very active membership of about 50 and make almost 200 quilts for charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment