Saturday, May 8, 2010

Rug Hooker's Spring Lunch and Show

Thursday this past week the rug hooker's guild called the Alberta Handicraft Guild had a lunch and rug show. We meet the first Thursday of the month. This rug was done by Laurie Wells. It is one of my favorite rugs I have seen. Laurie taught me some more rug hooking last year in a class I took with her. She is the currant president of the Alberta Handicraft Guild. I saw Laurie working on this last winter. It was a special trip she took and tells a story.
The Horse rug was Laurie's first rug she ever did. It is a horse so I like it.
This more primitive rug is also one of Laurie's. It uses each fabric once for the circle and once for the square. There are many plaid wools.
My friend Imogene Monk made these last two rugs. The Grain Elevator is a wall rug and the floral round rug below is a floor rug.

No comments:

Post a Comment