Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Felt Balls


I made needle felted eggs this spring and then was asked to teach the same technique but in Christmas Balls. Here is the little tree and the samples I did for my class. The class was for the Rug hooker's guild. We had a great time. All the felt is needle felted onto Styrofoam balls. We first needle felted the background colour and then added the details.


The Bear was kind of cute. Sorry the photo is side ways. I had it correct but three out of five photos still up load sideways. I have tried to fix this but can not get it correct.


Here is my angle, she looks so much better in person as some of her wings wrap around more.


The Snowman also looks better in person. He did not photograph well and his scarf wraps around and looks wind blown.


Santa what can I say, he is the cuties of them all. I just love how he turned out. His beard is silk and soy fleece, and only the ends are needle punched in place. His eyes and nose are just a stick pin with a coloured end stuck in.

No comments:

Post a Comment