Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentina's Day Cards 3 more

I got more cards done this week. I hope my family will enjoy them. This cards is for my husband. I got the key with a bundle of keys at Christmas time, but I think they fit Valentina's day better. I added the chain and used a brad to keep the chain in place. The flower was glimmer misted blue and then inked in brown to tone down the colour and create the vintage tones.
These next two cards are for my boys. I liked the sailor theme for both of them. My grandpa was a sailor and was captain his own fishing boat before coming to Alberta.
I have used distress ink on the edges of the images and the cards stock. I used Stickles glitter glue on the two cards for my boys. This last one has a chain and a heart on it to go with the anchor theme.
My stack of cards all together. I made my own envelopes but did not take photos of them. I also stamped and wrote love notes to each of them, but did not take photos (private).

The vintages images I have used have come out of this book. The book comes with a CD and I printed them from the CD. I could have played around the size of the image but I just asked to print to fit the 4x6 paper I was print to. Worked great for cards. I got the book last year at a used book store in Victoria BC. It was new but older and marked down.

2 comments: