Saturday, July 14, 2012

Scrappy Saturday #2


I have been working hard to reduce my pile of blue scraps. This week I did some wonky log cabin blocks in Blue. I have not trimmed any of the blocks yet but it is looking like they should be trimmed to 10". There are all just over 10 but some are bigger by an inch. I did not worry about this as I worked on them. Many of the triangles I used in the centre are different sizes or the amount of twist is a little different. The more twist the smaller the block. This is part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2012.


Here is a photo of all 12 blocks done in blue. Look at all the design possibilities. I have to come up with a way to put all the different colours together.

If you want to see more scrappy blue projects, go check out the linky page at Soscrappy. I also added this to Friday night sew in.


I also did two with the lime green on one side. I have been thinking of how can I blend the colours together. I think I will do it with blocks that have two colours and then the change in colour will not be a square block.

10 comments:

  1. However you set these blocks....they will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the possibilities with those blocks. Can't wait to see what they turn into. Reminds me of waves crashing on the beach or snakes slithering across the water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These little wonky cabins are too cute! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, I really like the way these wonky log cabins look and wave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how these wonky blocks are coming along! I must try to make some myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are amazing! I really like how the blocks make the illusion of a curve. I'm inspired to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is the first time I have seen wonky log cabin blocks in a setting....they look fabulous...love the way the winding is like a river with twists and turns and an uneven shore line, fabulous...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wonky blocks are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can imagine all the design possibilities. The twist gives the blocks a nice flair. Great plan for color changes.

    ReplyDelete