Wednesday, October 10, 2012

WIP Wednesday


Works In Progress Wednesday. It is a prefect fit for today. I am packing for a retreat this weekend. I have added this post to The Needle and Thread Network Blog and Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday.

First is Adam's plaid quilt. I started it last winter and thought Adam and I would do it together, but he want just me to work on it now that all the fabric and the pattern is picked. I worked on it just a little so far.



All the cutting is done and now I need to sew lots of strip sets. A very good job for retreat. I will bring it home to put together on the design wall. I am sure there will not be room for a design wall at retreat.


Next up is Orca Bay. It is the mystery quilt of Bonnie Hunter's last Nov 2011. I hope to get the last few rows together and get most of the top done. The pattern is in her new Book String Fling.  Just a note she is doing another mystery this Nov again. I may have to do it again.


I have to make at least one table runner maybe three or four. So I am taking Christmas fabric with me. We will see if I get started. My family thinks I need to make a runner and mats for the table in a Christmas theme.  They like the pumpkin mats I made last week.


I am also thinking of a new project using my hand dyed fabric. This is just the blue, purple and green, I still have to dig out Pinks and oranges. You will have to wait to see what I do with this fabric.

5 comments:

  1. oh how I love plaid! you picked such a nice block pattern for it :) Your hand dyed fabrics are goregeous! have fun on retreat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the plaids , this is going to be a great quilt . Enjoy your retreat , sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hand dyed fabrics! Have a great time at your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you'll have very little time to sleep on retreat! LOL! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All great projects, love how your spiderweb in plaids looks so different from mine.

    ReplyDelete