Friday, November 30, 2012

Dog Coat Finished


I started and finished a winter coat for my Chessy Lex. We have a Christmas Agility Dog Trial this week end. I want to leave him in the van as much as I can. But it is cold so, time for a dog coat. I did not want to spend $80 or more just to have him chew it. I got it done enough to have him wear it a little the other day and then finished the trim tonight. It is Quilted. I made the purple lined with an old wool blanket and quilted it on the long arm. I used a t shirt for the turtle neck part. I made Black double bias binding with black Kona. I very happy with it. Next time I might buy one it was lots of work.

I have added this to Crazy Mom Quilts

Lex early this fall, when the grass was still green. 

I am donating this table runner to the dog trial this weekend. They have many prizes to raffle off that are very dog related. Last year I won a prize to go train at the winter barn a few times. They are also raffling off some Agility equipment. I really have my heart set on those prizes, so best take my money.

2 comments:

  1. I love Lex's new coat. It looks like you did a great job and that would be the $100 version for sure. Your tablerunner is very pretty to and I know it will bring a good price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty neat dog coat and very sweet looking dog.

    ReplyDelete