Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Stitching for Customers


I keep machine quilting for my customers and then forget to ask if I can post photos. Well this past weekend David Taylor came to get this Bright and Beautiful Flying Geese quilt of his. And I remembered to ask. I just love this quilt because it is a rainbow of colours. 


A detail of the machine quilting I did. I love what I did on this quilt so much I might had to make one. The inside of the block has this sunshine like pattern and the outside is a few spirals and more flame like stitching. It is all done by free motion so if I look closely I can see small changes with in each block.


I believe David found the pattern for the block on the internet. The block is paper piecing done in four parts. I believe I have seen this pattern but not sure where. I am sure I will find it again.
Edit note I have found the free pattern called Circle of Geese by Beth at Piece by Number.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt and wonderful quilting! Wouldn't that be a great pattern for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great piece! I love the floating Flying Geese! Wow! Might have to track that one down and try it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. The pattern and the quilting are both great. Yes, I agree, this would be good for the RSC...love the quilting on this quilt..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you did the spiral star in the background...very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathy! Found your post via Google. Actually that Circle of Geese pattern is one of my designs :-) It's available for free from either Craftsy or my website at the following link: http://piecebynumber.com/circleofgeese.htm Would appreciate it very much if you could add the link to your post :-)

    You might want to check out the other free patterns I offer on the site, too!

    Happy sewing!
    Beth
    Piece By Number

    ReplyDelete