Monday, January 25, 2016

Design Wall Monday Jan 25th


I have a few more hexagon blocks done this week again. Made with Kaffe Fassett Collection fabric. All but one block is from The New Hexagon book by Katja Marek. 


This is Judy block #13. It starts a little like a hexagon flower and then you fill in the small diamond on the outer edge. I got this flower fabric in a package of KFC fabric club. You know where you sign up and get squish mail each month. Happy Day.


Block #6 Dolores all made with the same design of print but in 3 colour ways. 



Block # 6 Dolores again but this time in orange spots


This block is called Kim and is not in the block. It is part of the Glorious Hexagon quilt a long. 


Block #8 Marena. I used the shingles print around the rose. Makes me think of a garden with a path around it.  


All 5 on the wall. 


I hope to get a few more sewn tonight in front of the TV. 

5 comments:

  1. Out of this world Cathy!!! I have been looking at the page on Glorious colour since this came up, keep going to back to it with a shall I or shall I not mentality.Having seen yours I am so very tempted would you mind telling me what size those hexagons are - I would do the bright and bold Carnival Hexagons, just worried about the size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all SO beautiful--loving #8 especially--but those dots are cute, too...thanks for sharing..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. These make me want to get into hexie making. lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so beautiful Cathy! You're making Kaffe's fabrics shine :*)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great fabrics you selected for your blocks. Great job.

    ReplyDelete