Thursday, April 28, 2016

String blocks


For the month of April the Leduc guild Lotto block exchange was string blocks. I have been making 2 blocks most of the time. I had fun working on these little scrap gems. Always fun to pull out the strings and sew. The first block I did was made with 4 - 6 1/2 " blocks and set in a pinwheel Then I did 9 - 4 1/2" blocks and played with the setting and this diagonal setting was what I liked the best. 


We just had 15 blocks and left them all together for one draw. I forgot who won. 
Next month May we are doing flowers and we are to use green with Bright colours. 


I played with the 9 small string blocks before I sewed them. First a star.


Then this one.


I almost made the block into this. 


Nice but would be best if the blocks were an even number or a whole lot more of them. 



At our May meeting I am the speaker. I am doing a show and tell and slide show all about Log Cabin Quilts  It is Wednesday May 4th in Leduc at the St David's United Church 7:15. 

2 comments:

  1. these string babies are all so cute--especially like that semi-hash tag block...neat...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful strings -I agree that they are marvelous blocks to play with! So many options.

    ReplyDelete