Friday, June 3, 2016

Baby Quilt and Guild meeting


This little quilt is done and gifted to the mom to be. It is really a quilt my mom has made and I helped by doing the machine quilting. We love to give a hand made gift to a new baby. 


I have added this to Crazy Mom Quilts - Finish it up Friday


The Gold Gold Quilt Patch has been working on Quilts to send to Fort Mcmurry. The whole city of 80,000 forced to leave. Some 2000 houses have been distorted by fire or the left homes unlivable.  Leduc is about 5 hours drive away but we are close as Nuski/Leduc area is a base for the oil patch, so many companies have work sites in both cities. Many workers have family around here. Our Guild thought we would made 100 quilts but already 1 month in we have 210 started and in varying stages. Many still need binding done or machine quilting but WOW, I can not believe what we have been able to got done.  


We also did Lotto blocks at the guild meeting. The theme this month was Summer blocks with bright colours. I had the parts to made this block, butterflies and tulips, just had to put it together. 


Then I also made a strawberry block. I had this little black seed fabric. I first went looking to make a watermelon but liked this idea better. It would be cute in pink also. 


We only had 6 blocks handed in, but I like them. I think we were all so busy making Fort Mac quilts. One of the members is going to take the blocks and add last months block to them and make a Fort Mac quilt with them. 



1 comment:

  1. Kudos to your group for their kindness for the Fort McMurry people, we have had news reports on the devastating fire. Visiting from Finish it up Friday.

    ReplyDelete