Saturday, November 11, 2017

November Scraps


For some years now I have been working on my scraps by following the Rainbow Scrap Challenge over at Soscrappy. This month we are to work on Dark colours like Brown, Black and any colours that we might have missed. I have played with the smaller bits and pieces in my brown box and got these 9 Poverty Pieced blocks done. I know many of you call them crumbs but I first heard them called Poverty Piecing. 


I love looking back at the many different fabrics that show up in these blocks. Someday I will have a great quilt. Just not sure I am ready to stop, yet. 

I have added this post to Soscrappy link up. 


They are trimmed to 6 1/2" square. 


Next up I worked on my Green rail fence blocks. I started the rail fence blocks this summer after Bonnie Hunter gave out the Leaders and Ender challenge, Checkerboard Rails. The colour Green was from May and the rail challenge was not out yet. So kind of a catch up block. 


I love how these look. I have shaded the light to dark colours and it makes them look 3D. I have the Blues done and the pink done so far too. I hope to work on Lime next. Yes, Lime has it's own box in my house. 
Me and the dog have the house to our-self's today. So I plan to sew all day long and maybe a walk in the snow. 

9 comments:

  1. I think that's the best thing about scrappy quilts - looking at all that fun fabric, both while you sew and after it's all finished, too! Pretty browns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE how your Checkerboard Square blocks look. BLACK in those and BROWN in your Poverty Blocks. Go, RSC, go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I love your poverty blocks! The green checkerboard rails is really nice, too (and it’s green, so it’s doubly beautiful!) looks like you’ve had a productive week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I love those L&E blocks. I know I said it before, but that's a really good idea for RSC! And the browns are so nice too. Great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your crumb/poverty blocks look great! Can't wait to see them all come together. The gradation in the green rail blocks is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've fallen hard for those checkerboard rais, too! Love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whatever you call them, those blocks have such a warm and cozy feeling. Keep up the good work! Green was a very good choice for the rail fence blocks. It's very cool and outdoorsy. I like the color gradations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poverty Piecing - I like that name for your blocks.

    ReplyDelete