Sunday, April 1, 2018

Hand Stitches Indigo


I got the hand stitching done on my 2 indigo patches. The plan from the beginning is to make a bag for me. So nice to finish the first step. I just love the feel and texture of the hand stitching.


side one


side two


Here is the stitching on the backside. You can see how much texture there is. 


I bought this needle case last June at the Edmonton Quilt Show. One of the members buys beautiful fabrics on line and then has made needle cases and scissor cases. The workmanship is wow! I had to use my needle case and have it with me as I stitched on my Japanese patches.  

The thread I used on my patches is the crochet cord, a good fine one. 


Here is the inside of the needle case. A vinyl pocket in the front and another one in the back were I had scissors and a small ruler. 

I have added this post to the linky page on Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching

Happy Easter and Happy April Fools. 

4 comments:

  1. Your stitching is so lovely! I like the feel and look of hand-stitching as well - so soft! Lovely project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kantha and shibori what a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shibori and kantha makes a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are lovely! I also like your lime patches and the hand dyed Shibori you used as a jacket lining. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete